Everyone who knows my mom knows that she loves to plan and go on vacations. I mean I like to go on trips and vacations, but my mom should work for a travel agency. She planned a vacation for her girls and her mom and the grand kids of course! We flew from Salt Lake City into Portland, Oregon. From Portland we drove down to Newport where we stayed at an awesome hotel that had a beautiful ocean view. Sorry this post is long it is just a clip of the many fun and amazing things we did. Calie took all of the photos and I think there were over two hundred.
We played and walked on the beach. I love this picture of Braxton.
Our hotel! We stayed on the third floor. One night we had a Toy Story night where all of the kids wore there Toy story pjs and watched both toy story movies.
We played on the beach. The kids loved it and were covered in sand from head to toe. I thought it was a little chilly, but people from Oregon said that it was REALLY nice weather.
Thought I had better add a picture of me. Don't love it, but it's me.
One day we drove down to Florance and went to the sea lion caves. We took an elevator three hundred feet below ground to a cave where sea lions rest. I bet there were 300 or more sea lions in there. This was one of my favorite things we did.
This bridge is in Newport.
We were driving around Newport and I spotted this tractor in an empty field. I made my mom turn around so Calie could take some pictures of Brogan for his nine month old pictures. I just wish he would have been cowboyed up.
Isn't this a cool picture! I want to frame it and put it in my tractor bathroom.
Sea Lions!
Grandma Pat, Braxton, Grandma Laurie, Brogan, and Jaren
We spent the day at the Living Aquarium in Newport. Grandma Laurie sure loves her grandbabies.
Sea lions at the pier.
One of the many light houses we saw. This one was one of the tallest. This was my first time in one. Holly cow there is a lot of stairs.
Braxton, my mom, and Calie found this star fish on the beach.
Braxton thought he was pretty cool. Calie took all of these pictures and I think this one is really neat.
We spent one whole day driving the coast and on the way we stopped at the Tillamook Cheese factory.
We spent our last night in Portland. Before going to the airport to go home Calie insisted we have a VooDoo doughnut. I didn't know it was a big deal until we arrived at the doughnut shop to see the long line. We waited in line for about an hour! The doughnut was good, but not worth the wait. We had a lot of FUN and enjoyed each other. I guess we can say we finished our trip with a doughnut. Thank you Mom so much for the fun trip!





4 comments:
we did have lots of fun! Lake Powell in two weeks! We are so excited! i will try to work on Brogan's pictures more when I get a chance.
That looks like such a fun trip. If your mom wants to bring me and my boys along next time that would be okay with me!
looks like a lot of fun!!! You guys did go to some of the same places as we did it looks like!! We saw the same sea lions and the fishing boats, and the aquarium and the bridge as well!!
What a fun trip, and great company! I would love to go to OR and go to the coast, it looks beautiful!
Post a Comment