The Wards

The Wards

Thursday, October 22, 2009

H1N1 Scare!

Two Very Sick Kids

Cleveland Elementary School shut down school for three days because of sick students. Braxton goes to Cleveland Elem. for pre-school, but was not sick on the day they decided to close the school it wasn't until two days later that the sickness hit Braxton. He came down with a fever, body aches, and head and chest congestion. I called three different doctors and told them his symptoms and all of the doctors said to treat it like the flu. He was never tested for the H1N1 virus but after having Brogan tested we are sure that Braxton also had it.
Two days after Braxton got sick Brogan came down with a fever and the same symptoms that Braxton had. I quickly made a doctors appointment for Brogan. Once at the doctors he was immediately admitted into Mountain View Hospital for influenza A and respiratory distress. Also, because of his high fever he became dehydrated very quickly. Brogan and I spend two very stressful nights in the hospital. Every hour was touch and go. Sometimes he was breathing well and other times his breathing was so rapid that it was putting stress on his heart. He was put on a monitor to monitor his heart rate and oxygen and was given oxygen and an IV. He was also given the Tamiflu medication.

My parents stayed in a hotel to help take care of sick Braxton and also so they could be close to Brogan. Thanks for Dad and Mom for all your help while my kids have been sick.

Braxton is feeling lots better (I think it's because Grandma and Grandpa spoiled him while Brogan was in the hospital) and after lots of prayers from many people and a blessing, Brogan is home and doing better! Thanks to everyone for their concern and prayers. It feels so good to be home!


6 comments:

Bradyn, Cindy, Peyton and Houston said...

Jessie I am so sorry. I hadn't even heard. That is so scary. I hope they continue to recover.

Jana said...

How scary! I am so glad that you are back home and recovering. I bet you were a nervous wreck!

Lisa said...

Glad to hear everyone is home and doing better! Stay healthy! It is amazing what a few prayers and blessings can do right? Hope to see you guys again soon!! It was nice to come by and visit you and the boys!! I will have to bring Tej by next time!

J.R. and Tammy said...

It's so good to hear your little boys are getting better! You are in our prayers!

Calie and Dave said...

We are so glad they are both feeling better! We love them so much and hate seeing them sick!

The Bunnell's said...

Oh Scary! I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I am glad that they are doing well and hope that they continue to recover.